Tax offices as the ATO have very strict rules for completing a motor vehicle log book.
It must include all trips you take – business and private.
A motor vehicle logbook must include the following details:
- Start and end date for each trip.
- Start and finish odometer readings for each trip, separated by private and business km.
- The total number of kilometers for each journey.
- A description for each journey.
- Start and finish dates for the vehicle logbook period.
- Start and finish odometer readings for the period.
- The total number of kilometers travelled during the period separated by business and private km.
What vehicle expenses can you claim?
The running costs of your vehicle such as fuel, oil, and service, registration, insurance, toll, spare parts, etc…
The key is to keep receipts of all your expenses. So, you are able to prove all your vehicle related costs.
The best way to claim your vehicle related expenses is to keep a Justlogit.online Motor Vehicle log book.
Justlogit provides you with all the necessary data for your next tax return – including digital copies of all your receipts.